Sunday, April 18, 2010

Racing to Save Lives

One week ago I participated in a triathlon (400 meter swim, 8 mile bike, and 2 mile run) that raised money for breast cancer. I finished in 1 hour and 10 minutes! I was able to surpass my fundraising goal by collecting $540.00 in donations. That money will be used to provide mammograms, breast cancer education and research through the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Thank you to all of you who were able to make a donation. YOU ROCK!

Here I am swimming at the first event. This was definitely the hardest part of the tri for me. You can see Jerry and the boys cheering me on at the side of the pool. They were waving and saying "go mommy"!



The bike portion of the tri was my favorite. Here I am waving to the boys at the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment