Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Day of School!

Both boys were ready to head back to school today!  Wyatt started kindergarten and Brody is going into 2nd grade.  They both love their teachers and each of them had a friend in their class.  We're looking forward to an awesome year!

After dropping them off I went for a bike ride, showered, went to the library, and then met a friend for a movie.  Awww!  Going to the library empty handed was soooo weird!!!  I've taken the boys to story time for years!  I was watching the other moms hustling into story time with strollers and toddlers and I couldn't believe that I'm totally out of that phase of my life.  I'll miss those days, but I'm also looking forward to seeing them become more independent too.  I'm planning on subbing and volunteering at their school this year.
Handsome boys!

My baby was nervous today.  He said his favorite part of the day was "sleepytime".  He said it was too short though.

Brody said the highlight of his day was "lunchtime".  He got to sit by two of his buddies.

I was so glad to see Wyatt get out on the playground and play.  Cool shades!


Wy with his buddy Chase who lives down the street and is in his class!

Wyatt with his teacher Mrs. Hatfield.  We know each other from working at my old school together.  We are sooo lucky to have her this year!  She's AMAZING!

I was anxiously waiting for the boys to arrive home on their bus.  Thank goodness it has air conditioning...it was so hot!  My car said it was 116 degrees!!!

Home safe and sound!  Whew!  Wyatt loved his first day on the school bus!  Brody is a pro and will watch over his brother.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment