Saturday, February 9, 2013

Brody's First Reconciliation

Brody has been attending reconciliation classes (in addition to regular religious education classes) for the past month.  On Thursday, Feb. 7th he joined 180 other children in participating in their first reconciliation (confession) at our church.  I introduced him to the sweetest Irish priest and then let them get started on the sacrament.  Brody was so nervous.  He had no problem memorizing the Act of Contrition (below).  We thank God for our sweet boy!
 
"O My God, whom I should love with all my heart,
I am sorry for my sins,
By the grace of the Holy Spirit help me to do right and to
always live as a faithful disciple of Jesus your Son.
Amen." 

God Bless you Brody!  xxoo

Even though confession is a private matter, my mom, dad, sister, and her kids joined us in celebrating this sacrament.  Afterwards, we headed to McDonalds for dessert!  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment