Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Veteran's Day!!!!

Yesterday my school had a HUGE Veteran's Day Celebration!!!  We were so honored to have my dad be one of our many guests.  The day started at 7:15am with a continental breakfast in our school cafeteria.  So many people came up and thanked my dad for his service to our country.  As I headed out to recess duty, the boys took my dad into our library to see some WWI memorabilia.  Next, our entire school (1,100 kids+staff) headed outside for a beautiful ceremony filled with the chorus singing "I'm Proud to Be An American", the band playing the "Star Spangled Banner", and the cute kiddos waving their flags to show their support of our military.  Each veteran that attended stood up and told their name, which branch of military they were a part of, and when/where they served (past and present).  The whole ceremony was so touching!  Once the ceremony was over, all of the kids in our whole school lined the hallways to cheer on, thank, and high five each veteran!  We're especially proud of my dad who served his country from 1956-1960 in the Air Force.  You're our HERO!!!!  xoxo

Each classroom decorated their door to honor the veterans.  Here is my class door.  Can you see my dad to the right of the door handle...so handsome and brave!

Breakfast was delish!

My cute class waving their flags!  Red, white, and blue day...woot woot!

Here are the veterans listening to the band play.  My dad is in the very back row waving his flag (center of picture- red shirt and blue hat). 

Here's the chorus singing patriotic songs. :)

My dads speech was perfect!  We love you!!!

Wyatt is so proud of his Papa! 

Walking the hallways listening to the kids cheer!

Giving high fives to all of the kids!

Brody is so proud of his Papa too!

There were cards and artwork for the vets on the tables of the cafeteria.  Here is the one my dad got.  This is the quote on the front of the card (inside is on the next picture).

Here is the message inside of the card.  Love it! 
God Bless America!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment