Friday, June 18, 2010

My Dad is AMAZING!

My dad was selected to be the "Father of the Year" at his Bingo club. My mom and dad joined this senior bingo club at their church a few years ago. Since then the members there have grown to love my mom and "Big Jim". They were so happy to honor my dad and of course we were all delighted. Susie and Theresa took off of work so we could all be there as they surprised him with this honor. My sisters and I had written a short but sweet tribute about my dad. The grandchildren all included quotes about their Papa as well. Brody said something about my dad being a soldier and playing army guys with him. Wyatt said he liked to play pirates and sword fight with Papa. They were all such sweet quotes. We ALL know how blessed we are to have such a strong yet gentle Dad/Papa. He's the rock of our family and is respected and loved by all.

My dad with his three girls! We love you daddy!!! We're so proud of you!

The very next day was my dad's 72nd birthday! We celebrated with dinner and dessert at my house. Here's a quick pic! We can't wait to get together on Sunday for Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment