Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

God took the STRENGTH of a mountain, the NOBILITY of a tree, the a GENEROUS soul of nature, the COMFORTING arm of night, the WISDOM of the ages, the JOY of a fresh morning, the FAITH of a mustard seed, the PATIENCE of eternity, and added ENDURING LOVE to create FATHERS.

The poem above was handed out at church yesterday.  I loved it!  My two little boys are so blessed to have such a hands on dad!  Jerry loves them more than ANYTHING!  I also feel very lucky to have my dad who is such an AMAZING example of what a father should be.  He is a fantastic role model for us all.  I've never seen anyone care for his wife, children, and grandchildren like he does.

The boys helped me make Jerry an egg white omelet with spinach, peppers, and jalapenos for breakfast yesterday.  Then we headed to church, lunch at Macayo's, and then to my mom and dad's for swimming and a BBQ.  What a fantastic day!  Happy Father's Day Jerry!!!

Wyatt made these for Jerry at VBS (Vacation Bible School).  Cute!

In the book that Brody made for Jerry it said: If you could buy your dad one thing, what would it be?  Brody wrote... a rhino!  He knows his dad!

I love this picture that Brody drew of Jerry taking Brody for a golf cart ride!  Wee!


Papa loved the card and stepping stone the boys made for him.


In addition to Father's Day, we also had my dad's 74th birthday to celebrate!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment